Even the highest quality home materials will wear and deteriorate over time, so it’s important to be aware about the components of your home that might need to be repaired or replaced. Your roof is responsible for keeping water, snow, ice and debris out of your home’s structure. With proper installation and regular maintenance, a roof can last for decades. However, there are some circumstances that might cause roofs to age more rapidly, like extreme weather or infrequent maintenance. In other cases, something might happen that causes damage to your roof, like a heavy storm or falling tree limbs. When this happens, it’s important that you are able to identify signs that it’s time to call for roof repairs in Titus County, TX:
- Deteriorating shingles: If you notice tiny pieces of your shingles while cleaning out your gutters, it’s possible that your shingles are in need of replacement. Even if you don’t see the remnants of worn shingles, you can see signs of deteriorating shingles by taking a look at your roof and spotting patches of the roof that appear darker or discolored.
- Blank spaces on your roof: Spaces that have worn or missing shingles can leave your roof vulnerable to water damage. These compromised spaces should be addressed with roof repair services.
- Curling shingles: Shingles that have passed their useful lifespan can quickly become warped or curl upwards. When you see this, it’s a sign that you should replace those shingles that are no longer lying flat.
- Maintenance history: If your roof has not been cared for consistently or properly, it is likely that it will need more frequent repair. If you have not cared for your roof on a regular basis, it’s a good idea to have it inspected by a professional team who will be able to determine what kind of condition it is in.
- Age of your roof: One of the key factors to consider when you are deciding whether you need roof repairs in Titus County, TX is the age of your roof. If your roof is relatively new and if you only have one layer of shingles on your roof, repair can be an effective way to restore your roof. If your roof is reaching the end of its estimated lifespan and you already have a secondary layer of shingles, it’s best to consider complete replacement.
At Castletop Roofing and Construction, we understand how important it is to keep your roof in great shape—and that’s exactly what we’ve been doing for years. We employ a team of friendly and knowledgeable roofing professionals who are here to walk you through every step of the roof repair process to ensure that you know exactly what’s going on with your roof. We are proud to be a family owned and locally operated company, and we strive to deliver the friendliest service possible to each of the clients we work with. If you’d like to find out more about us, or wish to schedule a free consultation, contact us today.
Categorised in: Roof Repairs