It’s easy to let household chores pile up due to the busyness of day-to-day life. Letting the laundry wait for a day or two or delaying replacing the air filter won’t likely have any serious repercussions. But some household tasks just can’t be put off—like roof repairs. Delaying necessary roof repairs can only exacerbate the problem and leave homeowners stuck with costly emergency repairs. If the issue has escalated too much, there may be no other choice but to replace the roof entirely. Knowing about the warning signs of roof trouble gives you enough time to call a roof repair company to save both your roof and your bank account.
Watch out for these five signs indicating it’s time for roof repairs in Titus County, TX:
- Roof age: The older a roof is, the more likely it’s going to need repairs. Most asphalt shingle roofs have a lifespan of between 20 and 25 years. The life expectancy can change based on a variety of different factors, such as whether there’s proper ventilation or if the roof was installed on top of a previous layer. Expect more frequent roof repairs once the roof passes the two-decade mark.
- Missing shingles: Cracked, curled and missing shingles are never a good sign for a homeowner. A few missing shingles can easily be replaced, but often the only solution is to replace the roof entirely when most shingles appear to be damaged. Have a professional roofing specialist thoroughly inspect the state of the shingles to determine what the best option is going to be moving forward.
- Clogged gutters: The presence of sludge, granules and shingle remnants in the gutters are all serious red flags. Spotting this debris inside of the gutter indicates the roof has been deteriorating for quite some time. Roofs begin to lose these granules as it nears the end of its life cycle due to general wear and tear.
- Leaking: Leaking is the most obvious sign that something is wrong with your roof. It can be difficult to pinpoint the exact cause or location of a leak, but it can often be the result of deteriorating roofing or missing sections of flashing. Sometimes, the problem can be solved just by replacing the flashing or damaged shingles, but it is likely to occur again. On the other hand, a leak caused by a porous underlayment will leave you with no choice but to replace the roof entirely.
- Interior staining: Do your interior walls and ceilings look water stained? This can happen when the layer that prevents moisture from leaking into the building, known as the underlayment, becomes compromised over time. Luckily, a roof repair specialist can replace the underlayment to stop any additional damage from occurring to your home. Unfortunately, the repair can be quite intensive and costly.
Call the experts at Castletop Roofing and Construction for roof repairs in Titus County, TX as soon as you notice any of these signs. Having a professional contractor inspect the roof and fix any problems as soon as they arise can prevent the need for costly emergency repairs. Contact us today for a consultation and more information regarding our services!
Categorised in: Roof Repairs