You need a high-quality roofing contractor fast when your roof suffers significant damage. Any homeowner understands just how important the roof is, as it serves as your home’s first line of defense. But finding a reputable roofing contractor who will perform first-rate work at an affordable price can be challenging—especially when it needs to happen quickly. Unfortunately, many homeowners find themselves paying outrageously high prices for subpar work because they need emergency roof repair immediately. Knowing how to separate the reputable contractors from the less-than-reputable can save you thousands of dollars.
Below is a list of helpful tips to assist you in selecting the right contractor for residential roofing in Titus County, TX:
- Licenses: Texas requires all residential roofing contractors to obtain a state-issued license. This ensures that the contractor meets a certain standard of work established by the state. Always check that the company has a valid license in good standing. Don’t hesitate to confirm the status of the license with the local licensing agency and inquire whether they’ve received any complaints.
- Insurance: Are you prepared to pay thousands of dollars in medical costs if a contractor were to be injured on the job? Probably not! This is why it’s crucial roofing companies carry both worker’s compensation and liability insurance. Unfortunately, many contractors will forgo the required insurance in an attempt to cut costs. Always hire a professional with both types of insurance, as it keeps you and your property safe in the case an accident or damage to the house were to occur.
- Local: Check that the company has a local address. By hiring a locally established contractor, you’ll have the peace of mind that comes with knowing they will be there to provide any service while the roof is still under warranty. Otherwise, you could find yourself out of luck, as the warranty is only considered valid as long as the company is around.
- References: A quality roofing company will never hesitate to provide a list of references. This gives you the chance to gain a true insight into their quality of work. Ask previous customers if they were satisfied with the work performed, if the project was completed on time and whether they encountered any problems that would make them hesitant to do business with the contractor in the future.
- Get everything in writing: Never agree to start a roofing project without a detailed written contract. It should include the full name and contact information of the contractor in addition to the complete list of all work to be performed, an estimated completion date and a price estimate for all labor and materials. Having this written contract will protect you and reduce the likelihood of any surprise expenses.
Castletop Roofing and Construction is a top choice for residential roofing in Titus County, TX. As one of the most trusted roofing companies in the area, our experienced contractors will provide high quality residential and commercial roofing repairs at an affordable price. Call us today for your free consultation!
Categorised in: Residential Roofing