So, your roof is in need of some TLC. Problems like leaks, cracks and general wear and tear mean that you’re looking for roofing contractors in TX. But how do you know which is the best? They all say they’re the best, but who can follow through with excellent, on-time work?
There are a number of ways that you can separate the real deal from imitators. Here’s how to evaluate roofers before you choose to hire them:
- History: Is the roofer well established in your area, or just getting started? How’s their reputation? Ask friends, family or colleagues about their experiences with local roofing companies. You’ll get the inside track on who’s trustworthy and who isn’t.
- Licensed and insured: It’s absolutely essential for roofers to have the proper state licensing and insurance. If they don’t have worker’s compensation insurance, you could end up on the hook for injury damages. Meanwhile, if they don’t have liability insurance, you could end up responsible for the cost of damages to your home. In terms of licensing, check with your state’s board on whether this company’s license is in good standing.
- References: Can the roofer provide customer testimonials? They should at least have several clients who are happy to sing their praises. If they don’t, that’s a big red flag.
- Willingness and ability to communicate: They shouldn’t blow you off every time you ask a question. They should also respond quickly to your communication. You’ll likely have questions as the work is being completed, so you’ll want to hire someone who is friendly and professional in communication.
- Training: What kinds of training have the company’s employees gone through? This is a fair question to ask and they should have an answer ready. While there are many training options available, it should be something beyond just learning on the job.
- Plans: Before the roofer gets started, they should be able to show you a detailed plan of exactly what work they’ll be doing and how much it will cost. You want to know what the final product will look like and be able to incorporate the repair’s cost into your budget.
- Contract: Every good roofer knows that working under a contract is vital. All parties will know exactly what they’re responsible for. If anything goes wrong or the work isn’t completed as you expected, the enforceable contract will provide critical legal support.
There are plenty of roofing contractors in TX, but there’s one clear choice for your home or business: Castletop Roofing and Construction. Our locally owned and operated company has been in business for more than a decade and holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We’re fully licensed and insured, so you can rest easy that the work is being completed by skilled professionals. From exterior repair services to power washing, we do it all, and we look forward to working with you soon. Call today to schedule a free consultation with our team!
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors