It’s all too easy to put off home repairs. You think you don’t quite have the money together yet, or you just don’t want to deal with the inconvenience. But that doesn’t make the problem go away. That decades-old leaky roof will only get worse as summer storms rip through the region. And the fact is that by letting a faulty roof go, you could be putting your family and neighborhood in danger.
Better to call in the pros when it comes to roofs in Titus County, TX. Castletop Roofing and Construction is the area’s trusted choice on everything involving roof replacement and repair. Here are the top signs that your roof needs some TLC and could need to be replaced:
- The 25-year mark: A good rule of thumb is that once a roof passes the quarter century mark, it’s going to need to be replaced. The National Home Inspectors Association says that a roof’s lifespan is typically 20 to 30 years. So even if nothing looks bad on the outside, you’ll probably want to get your roof replaced. It’s an expense you’ll have to incur at some point, so you might as well do it now, while the roof is still intact.
- Any signs of sagging: A sagging roof is a sign of bad things to come. This means that there’s some structural issue in the foundation supports or the attic. Now, it’s possible that there may not be imminent danger, but nevertheless, it’s better to call the pros in and be safe.
- Algae and moss is growing: This is largely a cosmetic issue, but it can’t be handled easily. By scraping off the algae and moss, you could damage the granules. New shingles are treated to have anti-moss and anti-algae growing properties, so you won’t face this problem again.
- Curling, cracked or missing shingles: If there are noticeable issues with the shingles, your roof will at least need significant repairs. This occurs because of extreme temperatures or wind. If you simply replace the shingles, they won’t match with the rest of the roof and will look somewhat out of place. Also, cracking across the whole roofing system is a sign of big problems.
- Sunlight in the attic: Well, if you can see the outside from inside your attic, that means there’s a big hole in your roof! This is obviously an issue with leaks, along with humidity and snow getting into your home.
If you want the top specialists in exterior improvement and roofs in Titus County, TX, then turn to Castletop Roofing and Construction. We’re one of the region’s most-trusted, family-owned companies in home and commercial building repairs. We do it all, from repairing and replacing roofs to painting interiors and exteriors and offering power washing services. We also do deck repairs, siding installation and gutter cleaning.
Castletop Roofing and Construction is bonded, insured and accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Since 2006, we’ve served all the community’s building and repair needs and built a reputation for excellent craftsmanship. Call us today to learn more and arrange a free consultation.
Categorised in: Roofs