Installing a new roof is a big investment in your home, so it’s important that you do plenty of research into potential contractors before hiring one you’ll move forward with. With this in mind, here are some of the factors you’ll want to consider when choosing a contractor for roof installations in Red River County, TX:
- Experience: How long has the contractor been in business? If they’ve been in the industry for years or even decades, this is a good sign, as it indicates they’ve worked on a lot of roofs over the years and have had more than enough satisfied customers to continue doing steady business. While a new contractor isn’t necessarily going to be of lower quality, there’s certainly a higher risk of that problem with someone who’s only been in business for a year or two.
- Licensing and insurance: Any contractor you work with should be licensed and insured. This offers you some guarantees and protections for the work being done on your home. It also indicates the contractor will have all the necessary tools, materials and equipment to get the job done.
- Quotes: Any quotes you get from a contractor should go into as much detail as possible. You also should not have any issues with contractors giving quotes in writing. If they give you a verbal quote but are hesitant to put that quote in writing, you’re going to want to look elsewhere, because there’s no guarantee that they won’t rip you off.
- Workers: When talking to your prospective contractor, you should be able to ask who will be performing the installation and get a straight answer. Will the company send its own workers out to your home, or will you be working with unfamiliar third-party subcontractors? This could affect the warranty that comes with the materials being used, so make sure you find out about this up front.
- Guarantees: You should have a sense of what would happen if you wind up being unsatisfied with the work that’s done on your home. Are there quality guarantees in place? How is payment structured over the course of the project? What does it say in your contract about work on repairs or other issues that might arise during the course of construction?
- Unplanned repairs: Unplanned repairs and emergencies almost always come up during roofing projects. After tearing out shingles or parts of the roof, there’s always a chance that you’re going to come across rotting wood or other issues that simply cannot be discovered until the demolition phase begins. You should talk to your contractor about how they handle these unexpected repairs and change orders so you know what you’re getting yourself into.
- Tear-offs: Does the project include tearing off your old roof? You’re going to want to know if you’re getting a full tear-off as part of your project.
These are just a few factors to consider when selecting a contractor for roof installations in Red River County, TX. Contact Castletop Roofing and Construction today for more information.
Categorised in: Roof Installations