Soffits and fascia are key parts of the structure of your home and your roof. They help keep debris, water and pests out of your home, and also add an aesthetically pleasing, finished appearance to your home. But as with many other parts of your property, these structural elements can deteriorate over time if exposed to the elements and not maintained. Usually in such cases it’s going to be much easier to replace them rather than attempting to repair them.
Here are some signs that you need fascia and soffit repairs in Red River County, TX:
- You notice evidence of pests creeping in: Not only is having pests in your home a massive nuisance, but it’s also a potential health issue. Bugs and rodents can enter your home through damaged, worn fascia and soffits and start causing more damage to your roof and home. Soffits and fascia that are in good condition will help keep these pests out of your attic and roof, so if you notice evidence of these pests on the upper levels of your home, it’s likely an issue with those structural elements.
- Visual evidence of damage or decay: Have you noticed cracks or flaking paint in the fascia and soffits? This is a sign that the material is damaged and that it could result in leaking in your home. In such cases, you’re going to want to have a professional roofing contractor come in to take off the damaged pieces and install a new soffit and fascia system.
- Water entering your home: Water can cause a lot of damage to your roof and your home if you let it continue to enter without being addressed. It could lead to rotting wood, mold growth in places throughout your home or both, causing potentially expensive repairs to your home’s structure and maybe even leading to safety issues. Therefore, you should regularly check your soffits and fascia to see if they’re letting any water leak into your roof voids.
- Poor ventilation: Another one of the reasons why builders install soffits and fascia is to provide better ventilation to attics. If you have very little ventilation, this could very well be a result of blocked or damaged soffits and fascia. If you believe damage is the issue and know you’re not getting enough ventilation, then you’re going to want to address the issue right away by having a contractor install new soffits and fascia.
- Asbestos: If you suspect there is any asbestos that was used in the building of your soffits and fascia, you should make sure you have specialists come into address whether or not that’s the case and to determine the best path forward, as asbestos can pose severe health risks.
For more information about fascia and soffit repairs in Red River County, TX and what makes it so crucial and beneficial, we encourage you to contact the team of roofing contractors at Castletop Roofing and Construction today. We’re happy to answer any questions you have and look forward to working with you soon!
Categorised in: Soffit Repairs