Buying a new roof is a big investment, why is why it’s important to pick the type of roof that best fits both you and your home. Many people immediately gravitate toward a traditional asphalt shingle roof. This might not be the best option, though. There’s actually a variety of different roof types available that could be better suited to your home—like a metal roof. Metal roofs are a favorite because they are durable, strong, require minimal maintenance and offer a great return on your investment. Plus, they can be completely customized to complement your home. Read on to learn more about all the benefits of metal roofing:
- Long-lasting: This is often the number one reason why people choose metal roofing in Titus County, TX. A metal roof can literally last a lifetime—you can expect a metal roof to last upwards of 50 years. In contrast, most other roof types need to be replaced about every 10 to 15 years.
- Ultimate protection: Metal roofs are built to withstand everything. Most metal roofing is noncombustible and Class A fire rated, meaning it’s the most fire-resistant roofing type available. It’s also strong enough to withstand hailstorms and strong winds. Metal roofs are the perfect choice to protect your home and everyone inside.
- An investment that pays off: A metal roof is one home improvement project that really pays off over the long term. Unfortunately, many people shy away from metal roofing in Titus County, TX due to the high initial cost. But adding a metal roof can increase your property value by an average of 5 percent when compared to an asphalt shingle roof. Additionally, metal roofing can lower your insurance premiums because it is fire resistant.
- Customizable: Metal roofing comes in practically every color. Choose a bold red or a nature-inspired earth tone. Metal roof installers partner with paint companies to offer durable paint that’s specially designed for the metal panels.
- Minimal maintenance: Metal roofing requires minimal maintenance. Typically, the roof just needs a bit of care once or twice per year. This should include looking for any leaves, branches or debris that have become stuck on the roof and in the gutters. Plan to do another check anytime an especially strong storm passes through your idea.
- Sustainable: Metal roofs are one of the most eco-friendly options available, as all the leftover pieces can easily be recycled for future use. In most cases, the metal coils and sheets are composed of previously recycled materials. Adding a highly reflective coating or finish can make the surface more reflective to reduce the heat absorbed by the roof, which helps keep the interior cool and reduce energy consumption.
The best way to determine whether a metal roof is the right choice for your home is to work with the right roof installation specialist. They can help you fully understand all the benefits and the disadvantages of metal roofing in Titus County, TX. At Castletop Roofing and Construction, we have the right knowledge and experience to help you make the best choice for you. Call us today to get started!
Categorised in: Metal Roofing