Replacing your roof is a huge undertaking that requires a lot of planning, time and money, but it’s one of the best investments you can make as a homeowner or commercial property owner. After all, the roof is the one feature that protects your property from the elements 24/7. When you choose the right roofing materials and design, your new roof will look beautiful and can last for a long time.
Are you ready to schedule a roof installation appointment? Do you know what you need to do to ensure the job goes as planned? Here’s how to prepare for your new roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX:
- Do your homework: If it’s time for a new roof, be sure to do some research about roofing material options, the roofers in your area, the roofing replacement process and the average overall cost for roof installation. Another thing you can do is ask your neighbors what roofing materials they have and who installed them. Before choosing a roofing company, gather a few quotes and compare.
- Choose the right roofing company: The right roofing company for you should have excellent ratings. Their past clients will have nothing but good things to say about the company’s work ethics, customer service and prices, and will rave about the quality of the roofing materials used. Consider hiring a reputable local roofing company to complete the job whenever possible.
- Make way for the roofers: Once you’ve set a project start date, make sure to make way for the roofers. The crew needs easy access to your roof, so remove outdoor items—furniture, vehicles, toys, potted plants, lawn equipment, etc.—from driveways, patios and walkways. Protect items that can’t be moved with plastic sheeting or tarps.
- Clear the attic: Roofing is a messy job. With this in mind, there’s a good chance a lot of dust and debris will get into your attic during the installation process. Whether they’re valuables, heirlooms or seasonal items, if you store things in the attic, consider relocating them to a safer place for the duration of the project. Boxes or items that are too heavy to move should be covered with drop cloths or plastic sheets to protect them from roofing dust and debris.
- Inform your neighbors: As a courtesy, inform your immediate neighbors of the days and times during which work will be done on your roof. This notice lets them know to bring pets inside, as well as helps them prepare for noise, dust and extra traffic. Any responsible neighbor will understand your decision to replace an old roof, especially since a quality roof can boost the value of the home and nearby properties.
- Leave kids and pets with a friend: It’s fine if you plan to stay in your home during the roof replacement process. However, it’s best to send children and pets to a friend’s or family member’s house. The noise can be too much for small ears, and it’s not safe for little ones to be running underfoot with work crews around.
For more information about roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX, pick up the phone and call Castletop Roofing and Construction today!
Categorised in: Roof Installations