Though there are some small roofing projects that you could potentially tackle by yourself, most of the time you’ll need to hire a contractor to handle any roof work. The good news is that there’s no shortage of contractors to choose from who are willing and able to do the job! The bad news is that they’re not all created equal—some contractors perform shoddy work while others will overcharge you for their services.
However, as long as you know what to look for, you can easily weed out the bad roofers, so all you’re left with is the quality contractors. This post will teach you a few of the traits that all of the best roofers in Mount Pleasant, TX possess:
- Local business: There are plenty of regional and national roofing contractors who operate branches in towns across the country. While these guys may have larger offices, more employees and a recognizable brand name, you’d be wise to stay away from them. These big companies often charge more for their services, and their work tends to be less reliable compared to that of local companies.
- Offer guaranteed workmanship: The best roofers in town guarantee their work. Never agree to hire any contractor who doesn’t stand by his work and at least provide some kind of warranty. This satisfaction guarantee is a sign that your roofing project will be completed the right way and on time.
- Give detailed estimates: Before anyone gets to work, roofing contractors should give you a quote for their services. Make sure that these estimates go into precise details as to why they’re charging that amount. The estimate should include things like manufacturer, color, materials and labor required. Keep in mind that these estimates can be higher depending on any issues that arise, but you at least want the quote to be as specific as possible.
- Provide plenty of options: Not every roofing situation necessitates a new roof or major repairs. Sometimes, all it takes is a minor and inexpensive fix. Make sure your roofer goes over all of your options and doesn’t just say that you’ll probably need a new roof. The best roofers in Mount Pleasant, TX will be honest and tell you when an inexpensive repair will do the job without breaking the bank.
- Straightforward sales pitch: Going along with the point above, your roofer’s sales pitch should be straight and to the point. The contractor should simply cover the materials you wish to use, not try to upsell you on installing new gutters, siding or anything else you might not need. If a salesman starts talking about anything other than roofs, tell him “thanks, but no thanks.
- Always on time: Good roofers understand that you want the job done fast, especially if it’s an emergency! That’s why quality contractors will always show up promptly to your home and complete the roofing project as efficiently as possible. If your contractor is constantly late and always seems to have a ready excuse, you may want to consider working with someone else.
Whether your roof needs a few shingles fixed or needs to be replaced entirely, be sure to choose the team at Castletop Roofing and Construction. Give us a call to find out why we’re consistently regarded among the best roofers in Mount Pleasant, TX!
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors