Today’s roofs are built to last and are more durable than ever before. However, that doesn’t mean they can last forever. Unless your house is brand new (or you don’t plan on living in it very long), you’ll most likely have to replace your roof at some point during your time in the home.
Luckily, roof replacements in Mount Pleasant, TX don’t have to be a guessing game. There are some fairly obvious signs that your home needs a new roof. And, as long as you’re vigilant, you can replace your roof before it turns into an emergency situation. Continue reading to learn a few of these signs:
- Leaks: The first sign that you may need a new roof is if rainwater seeps down into your attic during or after a storm. It’s important to note that extensive repairs may be able to fix these leaks, but at a certain point, it makes more sense to go ahead and replace the entire roof. Your roofing contractor should tell you which route to go in this situation.
- Curling or cracked shingles: Look up at your roof. Are any of the shingles curling upwards? Do any of them look like they’re starting to crack? If the answer is “yes,” it’s time to call a roofing contractor as soon as possible. Your contractor can probably replace a couple of damaged shingles, but you should consider replacing your roof if tons of shingles across the whole roof are damaged.
- Old age: Thanks to higher-quality materials and better installation practices, your roof can last for up to 20 years as long as you have it inspected regularly. If your roof is getting up there in age, it may be time to think about replacing it with a new one. Roof replacement offers tons of benefits, including increasing the value of your home.
- You’re selling soon: If your house is on the market, you obviously want it to sell fast and go for as much money as you can get. To ensure that’s the case, have your house re-roofed! A new roof can add as much as $12,000 to your home’s resale value, while also making it much more attractive to potential buyers. Your house will fly off the market after getting a new roof.
- Your neighbors are re-roofing: If a lot of the houses in your neighborhood were built at the same time, you should consider adding a new roof if your neighbors are also doing so. All of those homes could be experiencing problems that you’ll likely run into yourself if you don’t replace your roof soon.
- Poor appearance: Dark streaks, algae growth and even moss up on the roof make your whole home look unattractive. While power washing can take make your roof look more appealing, you may have to replace your roof if it’s too nasty. Castletop Roofing and Construction also provides power washing services, so we’re your one-stop shop when it comes to providing great roofs!
Don’t choose anyone but Castletop Roofing and Construction when you need a roof replacement in Mount Pleasant, TX. We provide the best service in town at some of the most competitive rates in the industry. Give us a call today to schedule a free estimate or to learn more about what we can do for you.
Categorised in: Roof Replacement