You probably don’t think about your home’s soffits and fascia very often. In fact, you might not even know what they are! But the fascia boards that run along the lower edge of your roof, and the soffits below, are crucial parts of your roof’s structural integrity. Failing soffits and fascia lead to major problems for both your roof and your exterior walls.
If there’s any good news, it’s that your roof won’t just collapse out of the blue due to failing soffits and fascia. There are several signs you can watch for that you need fascia and soffit repair in Mount Pleasant, TX. Continue reading to learn a few of the indicators that it’s time to give us a call for help:
- Cracks: Your fascia and soffits play an important structural and aesthetic role for your home. They both help support the roof and are one of the first things people notice when looking up at your roof. For those reasons, you don’t want any major cracks in either of them! A crack looks awful, is a structural concern and can lead to leaks. Call us to fix any cracks as soon as possible, as they’ll only worsen over time.
- Flaking paint: Similar to the cracks mentioned above, flaking paint doesn’t look so hot! This issue can be more serious than that, though. Flaking paint leads to exposed wood, which may begin to rot after a while. Give our team a call if you notice any flaking paint. In some instances, we may be able to simply repaint the fascia or soffit instead of replacing it.
- Poor ventilation: Your soffits and fascia are also designed to keep your attic and home properly ventilated, especially on hot summer days. If you notice that your attic is sweltering and stuffy, you may need to call us to check on your soffits. There may be something blocking the airflow, or you may need to have them replaced since they’re obviously not doing their job.
- Pest infestation: Nobody wants to deal with a rodent or insect problem in their home or attic. Luckily, soffits and fascia are designed to keep any of those pests out! If you do have an infestation, this could be a sign that there’s a crack in a soffit that needs to be fixed. Call an exterminator to take care of your pest problem, and then call our professionals for soffit repair in Mount Pleasant, TX.
- Water in the roof void: If left untouched, water in your roof void can lead to some major problems like mold growth, rotting and even further pest damage. It’s a good idea to keep an eye on your fascia and soffits to see if there’s any sign that they’re letting moisture into the roof void. If that’s the case, call us right away to come out and fix it.
Regardless of how your soffits and fascia are damaged, we’re the team to repair them! At Castletop Roofing and Construction, we do everything from soffit repair in Mount Pleasant, TX to painting. Give us a call today to learn more about our services or to get a quote for your project.
Categorised in: Soffit Repairs