Is it time for roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX? You may be looking at your roof and wondering if it will last another winter. You may not know the age of your roof, and worry about how many more years it has in its lifespan.
Whatever your situation, you can look for tell-tale signs that you need roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX. Use the following checklist to determine if it’s time to replace your roof:
- Curled shingles: The shingles on your roof should lay flat. If they are curled or cupped, they can no longer effectively protect your property. If you notice that your shingles are starting to warp, contact a local roofing contractor for repairs. You may be able to replace a few worn shingles, or it might be time for new roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX.
- Bald spots: This isn’t solely a problem for older men. Roofs can have bald spots, too. Over time, the granules that cover roofing shingles can wear away. Check the edges of the roof or the gutters for buildup of these granules. If much of this layer has worn away, the shingles will no longer provide sufficient protection for your property, and you will need to arrange for roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX.
- Cracked shingles: Some shingles may remain perfectly flat on the roof, but they are cracked. Temperature changes and other weather conditions can cause this damage over time. If you notice that your roof has cracked shingles, consult with a roofing professional to determine appropriate next steps.
- Old age: No roof lasts forever. If your roof is over 20 years old, it’s likely time for new roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX. The lifespan of a roof can also shorten if the property is not well ventilated or your area experiences particularly harsh weather conditions, such as temperature swings and severe storms.
- Black marks: Is your roof covered in dark streaks? This is probably caused by algae growth. While it is possible to clean the roof rather than replace it, you must be careful not to wash away the shingle granules along with the algae. Contact a local roofing contractor to determine if the algae growth has caused irreparable damage or if they can provide a safe cleaning method for your roof.
- The Joneses: This is one situation where keeping up with the Joneses is usually a good idea. If all your neighbors are getting new roofs, you might want to think about roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX. In many neighborhoods, the homes were built around the same time. If your neighbors’ houses are ready for new roofs, yours probably is, too.
When it’s time…
If you’re seeing signs that it’s time for roof installation in Mount Pleasant, TX, contact the expert team at Castletop Roofing and Construction. Locally owned and operated, we take pride in our community and every job we complete. We deliver excellent results through superior service. Reach out to us today for a consultation or to schedule your next roofing project.
Categorised in: Roof Installations