Today’s roofs are built to last—they can withstand everything from hailstorms and downpours to high winds during tornadoes. However, they’re not perfect, and your roof may fail at some point while you’re living in your home. This post from your favorite local roofing contractors in Mount Pleasant, TX will teach you a few of the signs that your roof is in need of repairs or even replacement:
- Interior water damage: You might be able to tell that your roof has issues without even getting up on a ladder. Ugly brown water stains on walls or up in your attic may indicate that there’s a leak coming from the roof.
- Loose or missing shingles: A few shingles may become loose or even fall off as time goes by. Though this may only seem like a slight problem, it’s something you need to address right away. Waiting around to replace those shingles will lead to severe damage to the roof deck underneath.
- Cracking or curling shingles: Before they fall off, shingles may crack or curl up along the edges. Though some protection is better than none, these damaged shingles are a cause for concern. Replace any damaged shingles now before the problem gets worse.
- Granules in the gutter: Asphalt shingles have a layer of granules on the top that protects the underlayment from sun, rain and other elements. As time goes on, the adhesive holding onto the granules may start to deteriorate, causing them to fall into the gutter. It may not seem like a big deal, but this is a sign that your asphalt roof needs to be replaced.
- Dark spots or stains: Regardless of the material your roof is made of, it should have a relatively uniform color throughout. Dark spots on the roof can be caused by algae growth or areas where the granules mentioned above are missing. Neither of these are definite signs that your roof needs to be replaced, but it’s not a bad idea to call local roofing contractors in Mount Pleasant, TX to be safe.
- Exposed nails: Nails may pop out of place over time due to old age or certain weather conditions. A missing nail is a perfect entryway for water—try to replace any missing nails as soon as possible to prevent any interior leaks. If missing nails are an ongoing problem, you should consider calling a roofing contractor, as there may be something wrong with the roof deck.
Get a professional inspection today!
Far and away, the best way to identify a roof problem is to call a roofing contractor. A professional inspection will point out any problem, and the pros can fix the issue before it worsens. With unpredictable weather on its way, springtime is the best time of year to get a professional roof inspection. Be sure to call your roofing expert sooner rather than later, as schedules are starting to fill up quickly.
As leading local roofing contractors in Mount Pleasant, TX, our team at Castletop Roofing and Construction offers a wide range of services, from routine inspections to full roof replacements. On top of that, we’re currently open and meeting all of our customers’ roofing needs. Call today to schedule service.
Categorised in: Roofing Contractors