Hail, without a doubt, is your roof’s worst natural enemy. Even if the balls of ice are as small as dimes, they can inflict massive damage that may even lead to a need for professional roof replacement in Mount Pleasant, TX. The good news is that detecting hail damage is something any homeowner can do without the help of a pro. Keep reading to learn a few of the most common signs of hail damage:
- Leaks: Water stains on your walls, ceilings or up in the attic are a top sign that something’s wrong with your roof. The leaks could be the result of damaged shingles from a hailstorm that are allowing water to get underneath and drip down into your home. Even if the leaks aren’t from a hailstorm, you’ll still want to call a professional to get your roof checked out.
- Dents: Regardless of their size, balls of hail can dent your gutters, flashing, vents or any other metal that’s up on your roof. These dents may start out small, but they’ll only get worse as time goes on. Professionals may be able to repair dents if they’re small enough. But, if you wait too long, replacement may be necessary.
- Cracks: Larger balls of hail can crack your shingles or the metal pieces mentioned above. Needless to say, these cracks need professional attention. Only an expert will know for sure, but repairs or professional roof replacement in Mount Pleasant, TX may be necessary.
- Drainage issues: Is water flowing out of your downspouts as it should? If not, your gutters may have some hail damage. Be sure to contact a professional to get this checked out soon, because any drainage problems can negatively impact your foundation and the ground surrounding your house. Luckily, most drainage issues can be sorted out fairly quickly without incurring any major costs.
Get a professional inspection
The best way to identify hail damage is to call a professional. These are a few of the reasons to reach out to our team at Castletop Roofing and Construction if you have the slightest suspicion that there’s hail damage at your home:
- Quick repair or replacement: After performing an inspection, your roofing contractor can set to work right away if any repairs or replacement are needed. If you call us, you won’t have to wait around for weeks to get an estimate for the project.
- Prevent further complications: Once we’re done with repairs or replacement, your roof won’t have any more issues for quite some time. We have over a decade of industry experience, so you know you can count on us to remedy any roofing problem and ensure it won’t be a concern again.
- Rest easy: With the two points above in mind, you’re sure to sleep easier each night! Knowing your roof is safe and sound is one of the best feelings there is as a homeowner.
Whether you need a hail damage inspection or professional roof replacement in Mount Pleasant, TX, be sure to choose Castletop Roofing and Construction. We’re open during these trying times, so contact us today to get a quote for your next roofing project.
Categorised in: Roof Replacement