Roofs come in all different styles, colors and even materials. They all have one thing in common, though: soffit and fascia boards. Fascia are the straight boards that run along the lower edge of the roof, while soffit is the material between the eaves where the fascia and gutters are attached to the walls. Both soffit and fascia provide a pleasing aesthetic for your home, but they also protect your home and serve some other functional purposes.
Unfortunately, soffit and fascia can become damaged over time, necessitating a need for local soffit repairs in Mount Pleasant, TX. Continue reading to learn why it’s essential to have those repairs made sooner rather than later:
- Vulnerability: Your soffit and fascia are your roof’s first line of defense against wind, rain and other damage-causing natural elements. If either become damaged, your roof could be prone to wood rot, ventilation issues or other problems. Fixing soffit and fascia boards as soon as you notice any damage is the best way to keep your house and roof as impenetrable as possible.
- Worsening damage: Much like problems with your vehicle, damage to soffit and fascia only gets worse the longer you wait to fix it. For example, a cracked fascia board could continue to split until the board is nearly cracked in half. What could’ve been a quick fix may not require full replacement of the board! Act fast to prevent fascia and soffit damage from getting much worse.
- Costly repairs: Going along with the point above, waiting around could affect your wallet! Roofing contractors charge for repairs based on the time spent on the job and the materials required for the fix. So, if a repair job takes longer to accomplish and requires more materials, they’ll have to charge you more. Save yourself a ton of money by calling for repairs as soon as you notice the need.
- Shoddy appearance: Soffit and fascia are supposed to give your house a nice appearance, but if they’re cracked or hanging down off the eaves, your home is bound to look unkempt and neglected. Don’t risk your curb appeal—call our team for local soffit repairs in Mount Pleasant, TX today!
- Infestations: Attics are the perfect hideout spot for pests—attics are warm and dry, and the critters can live up there unnoticed for weeks or even months. Soffit and fascia are supposed to prevent critters from getting up into the attic, but if they’re damaged at all, the pests can enter and exit with ease. Make repairs to avoid having to call an exterminator.
What’s the biggest cause of damage?
Soffit and fascia damage can come from almost anywhere. One of the biggest things you’ll want to look out for, though, is hail damage. If you’re inspecting your roof after a hail storm, don’t just focus on the shingles. Be sure to also inspect the fascia boards and soffit for any dents, dings, cracks or other damage.
Call Castletop Roofing and Construction
If you’re in need of local soffit repairs in Mount Pleasant, TX, be sure to hire the team at Castletop Roofing and Construction. We perform all sorts of exterior repairs, ensuring your home both looks great and is structurally sound.
Categorised in: Soffit Repairs