Maintaining your home’s exterior enhances its curb appeal and keeps it structurally sound. However, even the most seasoned homeowner overlooks essential repairs that maintain appearance and structural integrity. Here are six professional home exterior repairs to add to your schedule and budget in Mount Pleasant, TX:
- Siding: Your home siding takes a beating, and yet you likely take it for granted. If you want the advantages of aesthetics, energy efficiency and protection that come with siding, you need to take care of it. Clean it every spring and look out for water stains, cracks, sagging, bubbling or peeling. If you address these problems as you see them, your siding will last 20 to 40 years.
- Roof: Many homeowners only think of their roofs when they leak or require replacement. But there is more you can do to make sure your roof lasts and withstands future storms. Clean standing water, mold and stains off your roof when you see them. Check for missing shingles and visit your attic occasionally to catch the early signs of leaks. If you see daylight filtering through the ceiling or identify water stains, arrange for a roof inspection as soon as possible.
- Gutters: If you need to focus attention anywhere on your home’s exterior, it is your gutters. They are vital for controlling mold, rot and insect infestation, but they also withstand severe wear and tear. Every three months, clean out debris stuck in the gutters and hose them down. Repair gutters immediately if storm damage pulls them down or you notice sagging. If you notice rust or cracks, bring in a skilled professional to repair or replace your gutters.
- Window frames: Well-maintained window frames last up to 40 years, but homeowners often neglect them and think occasional pressure washing is enough. Unfortunately, excessive pressure washing damages them, and if you add in weather, condensation or below-average installation, it’s likely your window frames are damaged. When that occurs, your home becomes drafty, and your utility bills spike. If you find opening and closing windows difficult and see cracks on the panes or frames, call in a contractor to address your windows. This call is especially necessary if you experience leaks during rainstorms or see condensation between panes.
- Paint: Good house paint offers curb appeal, but also much more than that. Paint acts as a sealant that keeps moisture out of your home’s structure. When it starts to peel, you have an unsightly mess and the first sign that your home is suffering water damage. Do not merely paint over the old paint—you can trap moisture further and end up with a mold or structural problem. Arrange for a moisture damage inspection first, and then start collecting quotes from painting contractors.
- Driveway: Your driveway takes a beating from use and weather. Eventually, it develops cracks, and while they are not the best-looking features, they are also dangerous. Cracks pose a tripping hazard and reduce your property value. Always repair driveway cracks as you notice them.
Castletop Roofing and Construction is available for professional home exterior repairs in Mount Pleasant, TX. Call us today to schedule estimates for gutter replacement, decking repair, soffit and fascia work or any other services your home requires.
Categorised in: Residential Exterior Services